We started June with our 4th launch, held at the Pavillion in Cheltenham. We had a wonderful mix of people representing all sectors and the launch highlighted the partnership working that is already happening across the borough.
Our speakers included Kelly Patterson of Cheltenham Brough Council, who updated us on how the council is supporting initiatives across the district – from Feed Cheltenham to Cheltenham Zero. Linda Grice told us about the work of Feed Cheltenham and the food network. Claire Dovey spoke to us about the new growing movement that has begun in Cheltenham and Raechel Kelly told us about the work Vision 21, Planet Cheltenham and Cheltenham Zero are doing to promote sustainable living in Cheltenham and beyond.
A fantastic buffet lunch was provided by Faith of Springbank Community Group, and after lunch we had some breakout sessions to discuss the work already happening in the borough, the opportunities available and challenges we face.
We are now working to bring together the feedback from the launch, but the things that have stood out so far are –
- More events that give us the opportunity to connect and share
- Connecting the work across the county and learning about other projects
- Exploring the wider opportunities to work together
- More connection between the food support network, growing projects and the sustainability movement.
- Mapping what is already happening and identifying the gaps.
once again our thanks go to those who were able to join us
Here is the information and learning from this event – Cheltenham Launch