From Membership to Directory
Following on from our district launches and from recent conversations, Feeding Gloucestershire have decided to move away from being a membership network and become a more open informal network. The decision has been taken as we were concerned that by offering membership only benefits, we were excluding organisations that could benefit. Our current membership offer will now be an open offer to organisations across the county.
We will be changing the members page on our website to become a directory and adding a directory map. We will welcome organisations and businesses who share the ethos of Feeding Gloucestershire and invite them to become a part of the directory.
The aim for the directory and the map is for them to become tools for highlighting the work that is happening across the county and as a general resource for organisations and people. These changes offer an opportunity to map the wider food landscape and we would like to welcome farmers, producers, hospitality and other food related businesses and organisations to become part of the directory.
Our offer includes, but is not limited to
- Online resources, case studies and learning – we will collect and host resources for our membership to access.
- Online forum for discussion and communication – we will provide a forum, a place where members can talk and share.
- Networking and Sharing – We will provide online and in person opportunities for organisations to come together and connect.
- Promoting Best Practice – we will offer opportunities for organisations to learn from existing projects around the county and the country.
- Promoting and supporting partnership working and collaboration – we will promote activities from our networks and support organisations to come together and share knowledge and resources.
- Workshops and events – we will host workshops and events for our network and highlight opportunities from partner networks.
- Funding opportunities – we will monitor our networks and highlight funding opportunities to our membership.
- Mapping and Directory – we will host a map of organisations across the county who provide support with food or who run other food projects such as community growing.
- Peer to Peer learning and support – we will facilitate sessions to enable members to participate in peer-to-peer activities.
- Advocacy, to give communities and organisations a cohesive voice – we will listen to our member organisations and the communities across our county, and work with Feeding Britain and Sustainable Food Places, to ensure their voices and stories are heard at local and national governmental levels.
- Campaigning for change – we will initiate and support campaigns that promote food equity and sustainability and fight food inequality.
- Facilitation and convening – we will be available to support our members through facilitation and opportunities to convene.
If you would like to join our network please fill in the form here
Forum members can log in here